--> Peterson & Peterson

About us


Nolton H Peterson


Nolton H Peterson founded the law firm in 1899. The firm was first set up in the town of Bruce Mines, Ontario although Nolton travelled to Thessalon and Blind River serving clients throughout the Algoma District.

In 1945, Nolton's son, Harold D Peterson joined the practice to form the law partnership of Peterson and Peterson. Both were actively involved in municipal politics as councillors and Nolton also as mayor of Bruce Mines. Throughout their legal careers Nolton was appointed as Magistrate for the Algoma District and in 1947 Harold took on the role of Magistrate serving Blind River and Elliot Lake. In 1967 Harold was appointed Provincial judge of the Criminal Division.

Today Harold's son Larry continues the family law practice set up by Nolton 115 years ago. Larry expanded the practice by opening offices in Blind River in 1977 and Sault Ste Marie in 1978.

Harold D Peterson

Larry D Peterson